Bruce Nevin Fern. M.Ed
Talent MAGNET: Attracting, developing, and retaining high value employees
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
This course provides managers with unique insights and tools to more effectively find, attract, develop, and retain high value employees. In the face of the Great Resignation and the difficulty of finding and keeping valuable contributors, this program will provide leaders with the strategies they need to maintain stable high performing teams.
Join us as we follow and listen in on conversations between Tim and his team at Alliance Resources as they experience challenges and triumphs in attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and talented team.
Included are interviews from industry experts and respected thought-leadership authors on their insights into these challenging topics.
Unlike other more academic programs, this course focuses on practical and easy to use approaches that work with all employees in any industry. Also included are points about how to apply these principles personally for a happier and more fulfilling life and relationships.
EXPERT GUESTS (in order of appearance)
Alvin Lee, Director of Human Resources at the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Melissa Donaldson, Chief Diversity Officer at Wintrust Bank
Linda Bjork, Speaker, Author, Executive Coach and Founder of Mindfulness Intelligence
Matt Gale, VP of HCM Alliances at Oracle (Former Senior Leader at Cognizant)
Sarah Thurber, Managing Partner at the FourSight Assessment Company
• Understand the true cost of high turnover and losing a talented employee
• Define a growth mindset, and why it is important to employee retention
• Define your job as someone who helps your team members succeed
• Understand the traditional definition of high-value performers and its limitations
• Recognize and eliminate bias when defining and identifying top talent
• How to work more effectively with HR recruiters to attract and hire more high-value employees
• Find better candidates by taking a more active role YOURSELF in attracting top talent
• Recognize why to avoid a "Hiring for Fit" mentality
• Recognize the tangible benefits of building a diverse team
• Identify why advancing employees’ careers is of critical importance
• Learn three keys to advancing careers and how they apply to your team
• Identify pitfalls to avoid when helping an employee advance their career
• Understand the importance of identifying and developing internal talent
• Apply three important key behaviors to help your people to succeed and stay in their jobs
• Learn why it's important to help employees feel connected at work, and how to build connection
• Learn the importance and benefits of an employee having a strong sense of purpose
• How to leverage a sense of purpose to retain high-value employees
• Learn the value scale and how to help employees stay engaged
• Apply three guideposts that enable you as the manager to help employees to feel valued
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: None
MEETS THE STANDARDS OF:
CPA Ontario (Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario)
CPA Alberta (Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta)
CPA BC (Chartered Professional Accountants British Columbia)
CPA MB (Chartered Professional Accountants Manitoba)
CPA NB (Chartered Professional Accountants New Brunswick)
CPA NS (Chartered Professional Accountants Nova Scotia)
CPA PEI (Chartered Professional Accountants Prince Edward Island)
CPA Saskatchewan (Chartered Professional Accountants Saskatchewan)
CPA NL (CPA Newfoundland & Labrador)
CPA Quebec (Ordre des CPA du Québec)
HRCI Approved Provider Seal:
This Program, ID No. 586921 has been approved for 3.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance. Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of 70% or more is required to pass the course.
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Please purchase course to view content