Raghad Ebied PhD. (current) MSc. B.Ed
Much more than a podcast! ProDio mobile audio CPE courses are audio master classes, created by expert instructors and include learning outcomes, handouts, learning assessments, additional media, scenarios, analogies and guest experts. Download and take your course mobile with the free ProDio app for Android and iPhone. Once completed, evaluate the course and download your completion certificate (which is also stored under your profile).
PUBLICATION DATE: FEBRUARY 8, 2021
LAST REVIEW DATE: FEBRUARY 8, 2023
EXPIRATION DATE: One year from the date of purchase or enrollment
CPE CREDITS: 3.0 FIELD OF STUDY: Behavioral Ethics
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
MINIMUM PASS RATE: A final result of 70% or more is required to pass the course.
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
In this course, you will be able to recognize the importance of intercultural leadership and identify how to acknowledge and address bias and racism in the workplace. You will learn how to identify appropriate and inappropriate behaviours, attitudes or comments by learning about the cultural competence continuum. You will identify techniques for listening and creating inclusion and belonging by learning about the importance of vulnerability and courage, being present, as well as cultivating empathy. Finally, you will have the opportunity to recognize the commonalities of leadership across cultures and identify important considerations for the future of intercultural leadership including compassion.
NOTE: This course is about being an effective leader in diverse contexts with team members from a variety of cultures and backgrounds. This calls for respect and an authentic desire to learn to be a better leader to diverse teams. You may find this course to be challenging at times, as it encourages each participant to examine, re-evaluate and change long-held beliefs, biases, assumptions and behaviours.
In this course you will learn how to:
• Recognize the importance of intercultural leadership and identify the role of personal cultural frameworks in one’s interactions with others.
• Identify appropriate and inappropriate behaviours, attitudes or comments by learning about the cultural competence continuum.
• Identify techniques to acknowledge and address one’s own internal racial bias and racism by discussing self-awareness, values and culture.
• Determine techniques to address and manage prejudice and racism in one’s team or workplace.
• Identify techniques for listening and creating inclusion and belonging by learning about the importance of vulnerability and courage, being present, as well as cultivating empathy.
• Recognize the commonalities of leadership and important considerations for the future of intercultural leadership including compassion.
EXPERT GUESTS (in order of appearance)
• Dr. Carolyn M. Shields, PhD. Professor of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
• Mohammed Hammoud, Director, AutoData Solutions; Founder, Desire2Lead Consultant in leadership development, diversity and inclusion, Ontario, Canada
• Dharshi Lacey, Director, Diversity & Governance, Pillar Nonprofit Network, Ontario, Canada
• Eaman Fahmy, Inclusive Program Designer, Pillar Nonprofit Network, Ontario, Canada
• Saleha Khan, Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Peel Regional Police, Peel Ontario, Canada
• Doriana Rosati, System Principal, Thames Valley District School Board, Ontario, Canada
• Hanadi Chehabeddine, Diversity & Inclusion Trainer, Keynote Speaker & Consultant, Minnisota, USA
• Janet Frood, Executive, Leadership & Team Coach, Ontario, Canada
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS COURSE
• This course is best experienced on the free ProDio mobile app. Download the ProDio app now on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). App is not supported on iPad. Use the Safari web browser.
• Our recommended web browser is GOOGLE CHROME for best performance. Please ensure your mobile phone or web browser is updated. You may experience issues with older phones or web browsers that are no longer supported, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Listen to each module completely and in order. Modules will only mark as completed when the entire module has completed.
• Course Index: This course includes a key points handout and a full course transcript. To locate a key term or topic, please search (crtl-F) these documents.
• Completed modules will be indicated by a check-mark.
• Once all audio modules have been marked as complete you can begin the quiz.
• The course will not complete unless all modules and quizzes are marked as complete.
• Once you complete the final quiz and complete the course, please complete the course evaluation.
• Following the evaluation, you will be able to download your completion certificate.
• After the course is completed, you will no longer be able to retake the quiz.
• You will be able to access the course content (audio files and handouts) for 1 year after purchase.
• Download your completion certificate at any time from your "My Courses" page.
OFFICIAL REGISTRY STATEMENT
ProDio Audio Learning Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
TYPE OF DELIVERY METHOD: QAS Self Study
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: None
PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE LEVEL: Intermediate
ADVANCE PREPARATION: None
COPYRIGHT: All content associated with this course is the property of ProDio Audio Learning Inc. and you may not copy or distribute course content without written authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of our course content, once the course has been purchased, we are unable to provide refunds.
SUPPORT: Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
Please purchase course to view content